I am amazed what you can find when you’re supposed to be researching. Build your own robots flash is fun – but dates from 2004/2005 – competition is well and truly closed. Turns out to be an Australian website for 3 movies. It is half way between being a fun resource for our school robotics club or being an example of the intersection between popular culture and robotics, which I am trying to research. I have to point out that the two robots explicitly gendered were of the pleasure bots type. Which should make the others masculine by default but there are a couple of interestingly hybrid domestic service bots.
- RT @KylieSaysRelax: I got to interview the fabulous Andra Keay (@RobotLaunch) about the future of robotics, augmenting stupidity & bias and… 28 minutes ago
- RT @Robotsindepth: Daniel Pizzata talks about how his passion for modular robotics has driven him to start Modbot & make robots accessible… 29 minutes ago
- svrobo: Great IV and good prep for tonights’s WEF panel on AI and REThinking Intelligence w ETHZurich twitter.com/kyliesaysrelax… 29 minutes ago
- svrobo: Great article thanks to KylieSaysRelax simpleweb.co.uk/robots-diversi… 29 minutes ago
- RT @alan_winfield: Very pleased our new chapter on Anticipation in Robotics now published link.springer.com/referenceworke… @vvh @SpringerRef 30 minutes ago