A wonderful TedX talk by Ken Goldberg, Berkeley 2012:
- Could Jibo Developer Cynthia Breazeal Be The Steve Wozniak Of Robots?VideoBill Gates once predicted we would have a robot in every home to go with our personal computer. James Temple of is calling Jibo—a new personal robot to be sold commercially in 2015—“one of the most ambitious and affordable robots for the home that seen.” I agree. Developed by [...]See it on Scoop.it, via The Robot Times
- Future of Trucking: Big Rigs Become Robot ConvoysJuly 23 (Bloomberg) –- Peloton Technology has developed a vehicle-to-vehicle communication system that has the potential to transform the trucking industry. By tethering two trucks together using advanced sensing intercommunications, the Silicon Valley startup says they can improve safetySee it on Scoop.it, via The Robot Times
- Drone Activist Launches Pilot Association To Represent Interests Of Small Commercial OperatorsIf you are involved at all in small drone flying, you are likely to have come across Peter Sachs in one of a number of online forums dedicated to unmanned aerial vehicles or have visited his website to learn from an expert the latest in drone law. He’s a commercial [...]The Robot Launch Pad's insight:US struggles to keep up with rest of world.See it on […]
- Drone 'Finds Trapped People Using Phone Signal'A student develops a system to help drones home in on the location of people trapped underneath rubble using mobile phone signals.See it on Scoop.it, via The Robot Times
- Cutesy robot Asimo gets upgradedThe Robot Launch Pad's insight:But Jibo can do the same human-robot interaction for a fraction of the price. The battle of the household robots begins!See it on Scoop.it, via The Robot Times
- Amazon seeks FAA permission to test drones outdoors near SeattleSAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc is seeking permission from U.S. regulators to test its delivery drones near Seattle, as part of a rapid expansion of a program that has sparked widespread debateThe Robot Launch Pad's insight:This is a positive move towards a regulatory pathway. For years, driverless vehicles (cars) have had large companies with […]
- Could Jibo Developer Cynthia Breazeal Be The Steve Wozniak Of Robots?